Re: Order Amongst Chaos (venting)

Subject: Re: Order Amongst Chaos (venting)
From: Kathryn Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 08:51:42 -0700

Oops. I was exaggerating. I didn't REALLY say "sure no problem". I made
it very clear to the Product Manager that the timeline was impossible
and that quality would be sacrificed if we churned something out in a
month, etc, etc. Believe me, I always speak up for our department and
defend it with facts. I've gotten a lot of emails about this, some sent
directly to me. Lots of people in the same boat. Like I had originally
said, I was venting.

Believe me, I have about the thickest skin around here. You have to have
one as a writer. I sent a memo around after I wrote this e-mail. It was
very diplomatic (don't worry!). I just made it clear how the doc
department works. We have a lot of new people in product management,
some of whom have no idea what we do.

Kathryn the Martyr (I like that -- has a nice ring to it)