Tech Dictionary (English-German/German-English)

Subject: Tech Dictionary (English-German/German-English)
From: Michael Koch <mhkoch -at- SIRIUS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:47:30 -0700

Hi,

I've been lurking for quite some time and would like to thank all participants for their past (and future) helpful and instructive insights and tips. Now I actually have a specific request on my own.

Does any subscriber to this list know of a good resource for translating technical terms from German into English and vice versa. I'm bilingual and have been working on a documentation for a German company, but even I have run into difficulties with certain German expressions and how to translate them accurately into English. The standard Collins dictionary just doesn't cut it when it comes to the terminology of our field--and the Germans have meanwhile developed their own jargon, despite the universal use of English when it comes to technical terms.

You can reply to me off-list, and, depending on the number of responses, I will post a summary.

Thanks.

Michael Koch
Publication Services & Project Management
2035 Pleasant Valley Ave.
Oakland, CA 94611
510.923.0982
mhkoch -at- sirius -dot- com