Re: FWD: Sterling Software

Subject: Re: FWD: Sterling Software
From: Dianne Walsh <Dianne -dot- Walsh -at- MEDECISION -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:44:15 -0400

It's been my experience that writers are among the first to get the axe. Get
your resume together. One thing to keep in mind is that you might make out
better for having to leave. I got caught in layoff a couple of times and each
time I went to a new job my pay and circumstances improved.

Dianne Walsh
Documentation Manager

Subject: FWD: Sterling Software
Author: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM> at Internet
Date: 6/23/98 11:20 AM

Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

My company, Synon, has been acquired by Sterling Software. So, they say
that layoffs are inevitable, but are trying to convince us that
engineering (of which the writers are a part) is pretty safe. But I'm
wondering how documentation departments usually fare in mergers and
acquisitions. Anybody out there been through this, before?

And, on a more individual note...any Sterling Software doc people out
there? If so, is there anything you can share about what it's like working
for that company? Should I be worried?