600 dpi Screen Captures?

Subject: 600 dpi Screen Captures?
From: Shifra Goldmeier <Shifra_Goldmeier -at- AMAT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:08:53 +0300

PLEASE RESPOND TO gldmeier -at- actcom -dot- co -dot- il I WILL NOT RECEIVE THE DIGEST
TODAY.....

Hi again.
I am posting again for a friend, I am going to make her subscribe herself
soon....

She was told by her client that "the screen shots are in 300 dpi low
resolution.. I *told* you I wanted 600 dpi - do them all again."
I was not sure what to advise -
------------------------------
The people I asked said that 600 dpi is only a printer setting and screens
cannot be captures at more than the resolution that you see - 75 dpi. The
screen resolution on my comp is set to the highest..... I have really no
idea what I am talking about. Are resolution and dpi the same thing - I
thought so but now I am not sure. After downloading 4 different screen
capture utilities - nne of which have ANY refernce to dpi, I tried Corel
Capture. I was able to save in 600 dpi - but that just made it smaller -
and I had to enlarge it. Oh and one more thing - probably the most
important - the program is currently being turned from DOS to Windows and
the Screens I am taking now are in DOS. I tried shrinking and then
capturing the screen in order to retain some of the details I lose by
capturing in full size and resizing in Word.(what the client suggested as
the solution).I tried many other things but I know they are not correct, so
I will not bother to expand. My client still insists no matter what I send
(he insisted on PCX for a while) that the quality is not good enough and
his printer has grand cpabilities and he can't print a 600 dpi screen
unless it was taken at 600 dpi.... HELP!
Please respond to gldmeier -at- actcom -dot- co -dot- il
Thanks alot - i am sure someone out there can help her - At least that's
what I told her.
Shifra