Re: Word 97 and Tables

Subject: Re: Word 97 and Tables
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 08:22:24 -0500

In our previous episode, David Harrison said:

> 4. Find a solution that decrements the page count field by 1 and not print
> the last page - don't know how to do that

This is probably the easiest solution. Instead of setting the Page X
of Y with field codes Page {Page} of {Numpages}, make it Page {Page}
of {{Numpages} - 1}. And don't print the last page.

Problem solved, assuming you _do_ have a blank last page. If you
don't, the count will be off.

A less elegant solution, if a small amount of space between the end of
the table and the beginning of the footer is acceptable, is to shrink
that end paragraph marker to a couple of points, and shirk line
spacing to the minimum.

Another approach -- I believe that just as entering a negative value
for a top margin will make the text go to the top margin no matter how
large the header is, entering a negative bottom margin will make the
text flow down to the bottom margin, no matter what's in the footer
space.

Hope one of these helps!

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"Your eyes are like aquariums," he murmured admiringly.
"Don't you mean -- aquamarines?"
"No -- aquariums. They're sort of a murky green."