Re: Unpaid? (fwd)

Subject: Re: Unpaid? (fwd)
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:24:49 -0700

$10?? My friend is a clerk at a lumber yard and makes more than that! The
cheapest that I will do work for (and this is my bread-and-butter stuff)
is $25/hour. For one-off projects, it's closer to $40 or $50. Of course,
I have a technical writing degree, and also do programming, and live in a
more expensive part of the country (Sonoma County, CA), but still, I
can't imagine only charging that little, even in your part of the country.
Heck, I made $12.50 in my *internship*!

Ask around for the going rate...local STC meetings are good places (you
don't have to be a member to attend, but may need to pay a small fee per
meeting).

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com