Request to Subscribers - Clarified

From: Debbie Stewart <Debbie_Stewart -at- SIECOR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:09:26 -0400

Felllow Tech Writers,

My original request was asking if subscribers would consider putting a
(first) name and location at the end of their messages where most
signatures are placed. Most of the responses I have had, have been curious
as to why, or very receptive, saying they have been wanting to make that
request also. Let me answer the "why."

I consider the list to be not *just* a communication tool, but also, a
networking tool. There have been threads on the list about recruiters,
salaries, job opportunties, seminars, hands-on courses, networking,
mentoring, confrences, STC meetings, and etc. Often, it is hard to detemine
what regional area in the country, or world, that is being referred to in
the message. Even when subscribers are sending messages about companies
they are working for, it is like, "Where in the world is this company
located?" or "Where in the world is all this activity occuring?" It is
helpful to see what regions many of these companies are located in!

Readers may want to ask you if your company is hiring or do you go to the
regional STC meetings, or are you going to the annual conference. You know,
the good ole networking stuff. Salaries, hiring and employment trends,
conferences, seminars, and other resources are different according to the
region you live/work in.

I am in Hickory NC, which is 45 miles northwest of Charlotte and
approximately 60 miles from Winston-Salem (a one to two hour drive to
either location for one direction.) Maybe, my sense of isolation here and
due to the very limited opportunities, I am very interested in *where*
information is coming from.

This was just a request for those of you that are comfortable with doing
so. Privacy is a choice. I hope this helps. Thank you for the responses.

Debbie Stewart
Lone Tech Writer
Siecor Operations, LLC
Hickory NC
704-327-5143
debbie -dot- stewart -at- siecor -dot- com

Standard disclaimers go here. .