Re: Is RoboHELP 4.0 really not supported by WORD 97?

Subject: Re: Is RoboHELP 4.0 really not supported by WORD 97?
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:07:03 -0500

In our previous episode, Kristen Lorenz said:
> Blue Sky tech support just informed me that RoboHELP v. 4.0 is not supported
> by WORD 97 and I need to upgrade.
> Is this true?? I thought I had read (but could not find) that although
> people encountered problems with their RH files when they upgraded to WORD
> 97, they were eventually fixed.
>
> Please let me know if this is true and if upgrading is really the best
> solution!

I believe that is correct, though upgrading may not be the only
solution. I took the other tack -- I use Word 95 (which is compatible
with RoboHelp 4.0), even though I have Office 97. Registered Word 97
users can get a downgrade version of Word 95 for $15 from Microsoft.

One of these days I'll upgrade my copy of RoboHelp, but not until I
have to.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"Your eyes are like aquariums," he murmured admiringly.
"Don't you mean -- aquamarines?"
"No -- aquariums. They're sort of a murky green."