Re: TW and relocation

Subject: Re: TW and relocation
From: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- SABU -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:20:52 -0700

Someone said:

>a house in the SF Bay area. The *average* middle-class

> American house (4 br/2.5ba/2-car garage) costs anywhere from
> $300-500+k...good deals on 1br apt. rents are in the $1500 range
> *if* you can stand being on a waiting list for a few months.

----------------------------
I constantly see these exaggerations about the cost of housing
in the Silicon Valley area. There are lots of decent houses
under $200K. My 4 br 2 ba house was just appraised at $202K.
It is a nice house located in a clean and quiet neighborhood.
It is the most expensive model in the subdivision.

You can rent a decent house for $1500.

If you don't mind a 1.5 hour commute, you can buy a very nice
4 br for $120K in some of the small towns East of here.
Check out the San Jose Mercury on Sunday.

Bob Morrisette
writer1 -at- sabu -dot- Eng -dot- Sun -dot- com