Re: TW and relocation

Subject: Re: TW and relocation
From: Melonie Holliman <LonieH -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:34:15 EDT

Howdy,

I don't know this for a fact, but from what I have heard few companies
in the Austin area pay relocation costs unless you have VERY VERY
unique skills. Part of that may be because of the large hiring base of
skilled workers who are already here combined with two major universities
(and many minor ones) close by. On top of that, many people want to
live here and are willing to pay their own relocation costs.

I have heard of the bigger companies (AMD, Motorola, etc.) paying to
move a current employee, but not a new one.

On the positive side, the salaries are good.

Melonie Holliman
ABM Data Systems, Inc.
Austin, TX
mailto: LonieH -at- aol -dot- com