Using a Word Macro to Find Character Styles

Subject: Using a Word Macro to Find Character Styles
From: Shlomo Shizgal <shlomos -at- TICI -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:04:56 +0300

I am currently writing a Word macro that involves searching for specific
character styles. I have been running into the following problem and I would
appreciate suggestions from anyone who has seen the problem before:

When I try to search for the character style using Word's Find dialog box,
the search is carried out instantaneously, but when I put the appropriate
command into the macro and run it, the search for the character style is
amazingly slow (I can see the cursor moving one character at a time).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shlomo Shizgal