Captions for screen shots

Subject: Captions for screen shots
From: "Amy G. Peacock" <apeacock -at- WOLFENET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 07:45:38 -0700

I have a doc with a number of screen shots in it. As I was editing it
last night a thought occurred to me.

For the captions for screen shots do you prefer to:

1) Describe the picture - what it is. As in, The Order Editing Form.
2) Describe what it does. As in, "Use the Order Editing form to change
your order."
3) Describe what the user is doing or should do when they see the
screen shot. As in. As in, "Viewing the Order Editing Form."
4) No captions at all.

Amy Peacock
techwriter & jewelrymaker
Snohomish, Washington
apeacock -at- wolfenet -dot- com

These are my opinions, not my employer's.