Re: Captions for screen shots

Subject: Re: Captions for screen shots
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 09:39:32 -0700

My screen shot captions describe what the picture is (your example 1). I
admit that this is sometimes redundant because the caption often mimics
what the window title is at the top of the screen. Sometimes the caption
provides more information, though, if the screen shot is of a sub-window
(dialog box) of another screen (such as "The Order Editing Form of the
Orders Processing dialog box", or something like that). The captions are
used to create a List of Figures for the table of contents area.

Beverly Parks
parksb -at- emh1 -dot- hqisec -dot- army -dot- mil = http://www.hqisec.army.mil/cis/
Visit the Friendly Faces of TECHWR-L:
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/techwr-l/