Voice-activated software (was visually impaired technical writers )

Subject: Voice-activated software (was visually impaired technical writers )
From: "Link, Virginia" <LINKVI -at- DWD -dot- STATE -dot- WI -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 13:38:35 -0500

There's a handy piece of software called Dragon Dictate, or the newer
version, Dragon Naturally Speaking. Happens to be included in the new
WordPerfect Office Suite. Naturally Speaking appears to be light-years
better at word recognition than Dragon Dictate was. It's not just for
the visually impaired, either. Those of us with tendonitis, carpal
tunnel, and other repetitive-stress injuries, or who'd like to be able
to "dictate" to the machine while our hands are flipping through system
specs, playing with the applications we're documenting, etc., are other
likely users.

Here's the link:

http://www.naturallyspeaking.com/

Virginia J. Link