Re: the Data are (is)

Subject: Re: the Data are (is)
From: "Taylor, Steve" <steve -dot- taylor -at- ALLEGIANCETELECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 15:05:30 -0500

It's collective like group or team. So the data is whatever we made it up to
be. MS style of manual says it can be either plural or singular, and never
use datum. I agree on the datum bit, but I think data as a collective noun
sounds best...

So our data is correct, right?

IMHO.

Steve Taylor
Consultant for Technical Directions, Inc.
On location at:
Allegiance Telecom, Inc.
Dallas, TX
(214) 853-7182
steve -dot- taylor -at- allegiancetelecom -dot- com
http://www.alegiancetele.com