Re: Problem converting Frame book to PDF

Subject: Re: Problem converting Frame book to PDF
From: Allan Walker <walker -at- NEUMA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 09:48:21 -0400

I've had similar problems converting Frame books to PDF. The 'offending
command' is in the PostScript file being used to create the PDF. Some
printer drivers generate commands that Distiller can't handle. I eventually
solved the problem by using a different printer driver, the Adobe Default
PostScript printer driver found on the FrameMaker CD.

Amy Lodato wrote
>Hello all,
>
>I'm wondering if anyone knows how to interpret the error I am getting when
>trying to convert a FrameMaker 5.5 book into a PDF file. When I "save as
>.pdf," everything seems to go well until it reaches page 2 of the 3rd
>chapter, where it stalls for a long time. It then aborts the pdf process
and
>generates a log file with the following error:
>
>%%[ Error: ioerror; OffendingCommand: showpage ]%%
>%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
>
>There's nothing I can see in body, master or reference pages that refers to
>a "showpage" command, but I'm not sure I would know what that would look
>like if it were there.
>
>Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Amy Lodato
>a -dot- lodato -at- intershop -dot- com

Allan Walker
Neuma Technology, a Division of i4i, Inc.
Suite 200, 1730 St. Laurent Blvd.
Ottawa, ON K1G 5L1
Canada
(613) 738-3156