tech writting ads

Subject: tech writting ads
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 14:53:13 -0400

"Amy G. Peacock" <apeacock -at- WOLFENET -dot- COM> wrote:

>I have NO idea what key words to look for in the want ads. I looked under >"Technical writing" and briefly under "high-tech" - any other suggestions?
>Maybe I should just look at all of them? :)

To make an unsolicited suggestion:

If I were you, I wouldn't be too concerned about looking for ads that
specifically mention tech-writing under any alias.

Instead, look at the companies that are hiring engineers and
programmers.
The chances are that some of them will be looking for writers very
shortly
afterwards. Contact them, and you might even get them thinking about
writers.

Your mileage may vary, but I've found at least five or six jobs that way
in
the last two years.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Co-ordinator ,Vancouver Technical Communicators' Co-op List

"I know these dark and winding streets
They're coiled around my heart,
Where time and inclination meet
And all our stories start."