Re: Dangling modifier? You fool! (Was: Tech writing and incompentence)

Subject: Re: Dangling modifier? You fool! (Was: Tech writing and incompentence)
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 12:11:27 -0400

> After all, we had to create the Edzel before we could create the Porsche.

Uhmmm....John? The Porsche was created in 1948 by Ferdinand Porsche and
his son Ferry; the Type 356 and the Edsell was introduced by Ford in the
late 50's, but nice try. :-)

--
John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good
poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few
reasonable words.", Goethe
"Say all you have to say in the fewest possible words, or your reader
will be sure to skip them; and in the plainest possible words or he will
certainly misunderstand them.", John Ruskin