PostScript output problem: no color text

Subject: PostScript output problem: no color text
From: David Egyes <davidegyes -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 09:23:56 PDT

From a Word doc, I'm trying to create a PostScript file for conversion
to PDF. The PS file is created, but the color font data is lost - the
text output is B&W only. And, logically, it converts to PDF in B&W.

I tried using Acrobat Distiller 3.01 and an HP PostScript driver. Same
result. Also tried both Optimize for Speed and for Portability. Also
tinkered with 1/2 tone frequencies, as well as substituting fonts. Same
result.

Any ideas? I'm working in Windows 95.

TIA.

Dave Egyes