Re: Article in Info World

Subject: Re: Article in Info World
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 11:26:23 -0500

Anyone willing to send an editorial response back to the author of the
article and enlighten her on the aspects of the technical writing
industry??? ;)

Before one does, I'd suggest finding out what kind of communications the
"Framingham coomunications company" she works for does.

I'd also recommend reading the article for yourself. Despite the nicely
(and aggressively, and perhaps even perjoratively) edited version of it you
were just treated to, nowhere in it does she suggest that technical writers
don't exist, or that IT folks should replace them. All she does is
emphasize the fact that IT folks climb the career ladder faster if they can
rub words together and make sense.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224