Re: Question: saving or storing comments and info from SMEs

Subject: Re: Question: saving or storing comments and info from SMEs
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 15:51:08 +0100

All documents we produce go to the relevant SME for checking. Attached to
each document is a Doc Approval Form - the SME adds comments (or says it's
OK) and signs the form before returning it. It must be signed before any
changes are actioned. Once changes have been made it is returned to the
relevent SME for final checking and it is signed off as having comments
incorporated. The doc is then released and the marked up copy plus Doc
approval form are stored (no set time scale set down that I know of).
I've found that the fact of having to sign the documents off is a very
strong incentive to actually get them checked properly. And of course if
they later say that something is wrong well the reply is "You signed
it...."!!

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International