Search engine algorithms

Subject: Search engine algorithms
From: Douglas Max <dmax -at- BELLATLANTIC -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 10:37:22 -0400

Can anyone offer me guidance, or links, to help me structure our
website's keywords, description, etc., for the major search engines.

Does it do us any good to put two keywords together, include upper and
lowercase versions, increase the number of keywords...or does the effect

get "diluted"? In particular, I'm interested in increasing our hits
through Yahoo.

Not knowing enough about what algorithms these engines use, I'm not sure
I'm asking
the right questions, but I have a feeling that there are many of you out

there with more than enough knowledge...which I'd gratefully appreciate.

Cordially,

Douglas Max

--

LR Communication Systems, Inc.

Training in business writing and presentation skills. Seminars, distance
learning/correspondence programs with personal feedback. Online options.
Editing services. Founded in 1969.

http://www.LRcom.com

E-mail for business: mail -at- LRcom -dot- com
personal: dmax -at- bellatlantic -dot- net

voice (908) 464-1231
fax (908) 464-1350

139 Dogwood Lane
Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922-0264