ADMIN: Re: Eric Ray: communication problem

Subject: ADMIN: Re: Eric Ray: communication problem
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:26:49 -0600

Don't respond to this on the list.

Reminder: The posting rules clearly state that personal
messages DO NOT go to the list, even if mail bounces.
That applies to all personal messages to anyone.

Why? Because if the problem is at the receiver's end,
they'll be unable to see or respond to the question,
and posting a note to 3500 subscribers is a pretty
inappropriate way to contact a single individual.
If you wait, the receiver's problem will likely be
resolved even without your message.
If the problem is at the sender's end (as it usually
is), the sender will have to contact his or her own local
tech support to diagnose and resolve the problem, as should
have been done anyway.

In this case, as I've received easily 500+ messages since
Friday, I kind of doubt that the problem is here.

Jane (and anyone else who needs to contact me
_URGENTLY_ and can't because of email problems),
try the telephone. Full contact info is at the
RayComm Web site, listed in my .sig.
If it can wait for email, though, it should.

Eric

At 09:12 AM 7/13/98 -0500, Bergen, Jane wrote:
>Has anyone else had a problem with trying to contact the listowner?
>Since Friday I've had all mail returned as undeliverable.
>
>PLEASE REPLY TO ME DIRECTLY, NOT ON THE LIST.
>
>Thanks.

* Eric J. Ray, ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com, http://www.raycomm.com/
* _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, and others.
* RayComm, Inc., currently accepting contract inquiries.