naming a concept -resolution

Subject: naming a concept -resolution
From: Sheila Marshall <sheila -at- STK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 17:24:56 -0500

Thanks to all who responded to my original post. Because there were so
many responses, I'm limiting my thanks to the group in general.

Consensus was reached to use "image set" as THE word. For instance, choose
the image set to be displayed on the globe. Each image set consists of
layers that include digital elevation terrain data, actual satellite
images, oceanographic images, etc. The layers that comprise the image set
are ordered to determine which images are shown at certain distances.
Typically the more detailed images can only be seen when the user zooms in
on an area of the globe. The user will be able to name each customized
image set so the set can be easily identified when applying it to a globe.

Once again, thanks for all of your help...

BTW, the developers here were very impressed with the response I received
from y'all!

Sheila