Help! Word 7 and Printing

Subject: Help! Word 7 and Printing
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- METROMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:37:11 -0500

Mornin' all!

I've searched the archives... I've searched the Microsoft site... I've
searched Woody Leonhard's site...
Now I'm looking over my shoulder at a deadline and I still don't have the
answer. I hope someone here can help in a hurry.

I'm trying to print a Word 7 document to either an HP 4/4M printer or to a
print file. The document is filled with screen shots all linked to the
document. Everything goes well until I get to page 62 (of a total of 107
pages). No matter how I try to print page 62 (as part of the whole document
or by itself), when Word gets there it simply shuts down. No error message,
no nothing.

Page 62 has 2 graphics, both bmp's of buttons in a Windows application.
I've tried taking one or both out. Once I was able to print the page on a
different printer, but that printer distorts some of the other fonts in the
document. Once, when I took one picture out, I was able to print the page
on the 4/4M, but no more. Now, when I've deleted one picture and tried to
print on the 4/4M, I get a dozen pages of mostly blank paper with periodic
hieroglyphics.

Can anybody point me to a solution?

Many thanks,
--B
barb -dot- ostapina -at- metromail -dot- com
...speaking only for myself.