Re: FWD: Contact management for consultants

Subject: Re: FWD: Contact management for consultants
From: Barb Philbrick <caslonsvcs -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:30:09 GMT

I've found that the programs people use vary widely. There's quite a
bit of shareware out there, plus the standards. (There's always good
old index cards, too.)

Personally, I use a database I created myself in Access.

Barb

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 15:38:26 -0600, you wrote:

>Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

>I am an employee considering becoming a technical writing
>contractor/consultant. I want to know what
>software people use for tracking contacts.
>
>Act?, Access?, Is Outlook taking over? Are custom solutions the way to go?
>
>Thank you in advance.

Barbara Philbrick, Caslon Services Inc.
Technical Writing. caslonsvcs -at- ibm -dot- net
Cleveland, OH