Re: I need help with Functionality versus Function ; Plus

Subject: Re: I need help with Functionality versus Function ; Plus
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:23:50 -0400

Also, "Function" has a very specific meaning for programmers. A function is
a software thingie that returns a value.

You use a function, you get an answer. Often, the answer is just "Yup, did
it, no problem" but no answer, no function.

It's not a trivial distinction. Trust me on this - your programmers, or, if
you write for programmers, your customers, care deeply whether a particular
functionality is a function or not.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com