Sv: Books - what are the best references for HTML? Try Ray and Ray's!

Subject: Sv: Books - what are the best references for HTML? Try Ray and Ray's!
From: John Norgaard <john -dot- pmail -at- GET2NET -dot- DK>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 21:22:50 +0200

If you know the basics - HTML - you need to have a good
reference/compendium and I have not yet seen any that is comparable to this
one. It graphically shows whether a certain browser/version supports a tag
etc. - It can be viewed online at the following address and it can also be
downloaded. Unzipped it fills about 9MB.

http://www.htmlcompendium.org/mainfram.htm

I would also say throw those books about HTML away. Okay many of them are
good, but as said you will find the up-to-date information onlinee.
Instead of buying a site visit

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/

an excellent site (out of thousands) with tutorials on HTML for
beginners/advanced, javascript etc.

You really don't need to buy a book.

Regards

John

John Norgaard
Freelance Translator
john -dot- pmail -at- get2net -dot- dk
Eng <=> Danish. Technical/non-technical
Computer Books/Manuals/Doumentation.
Software localization: convertion of all dia-
log boxes, menu text, and help files etc.
Website translation. Business, Sales Leaf-
lets/Booklets etc.

----------
> Fra: Thwing, Cathy <CThwing -at- TUSD -dot- K12 -dot- AZ -dot- US>
> Til: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
> Emne: Re: Books - what are the best references for HTML? Try Ray and
Ray's!
> Dato: 16. juli 1998 17:37
>
> Ray and Ray's _Mastering HTML 4.0_ (Sybex, 1997, ISBN:
> 0-7821-2102-0) is excellent! It's on my bookshelf, and I refer to it
> whenever I need a quick reminder. The body of the book progresses
> effectively from beginning to advanced techniques and considerations.
Much