Titles

Subject: Titles
From: Bill Swallow <swallow -at- USERTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:29:04 -0400

First, let's not start this thread up again only to have it evolve into a bunch of whining and venting.

Second, and most important, I stand by my opinion that it's not the title but rather what you do. And of course it's not the job, but rather what you put into it. I know a lot of tech writers who put in their 8 hours a day doing the same type of work and go home, only to complain that they are sick of the same old work. Well, I say why not do something different.

My "title", as you see, is "Team Leader". Smile if you are a Dilbert fan ;-). I specialize in online Help and HTML design - focusing in organization of information and usability, though I also manage style and development.

What does my title say about my skills and what I do? Nothing. But then again I let my skills and background speak for me, not my title.

Bill Swallow - Team Leader
Usertech - Norwalk CT
phone: 203.851.4328
fax: 203.866.4685