Re: PDF documentation and client delivery

Subject: Re: PDF documentation and client delivery
From: Kees de Bondt <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:33:55 +0200

On 14-07-1998 04:23 Becky Roberts wrote in part:

>1. If you deliver Acrobat files to clients, how do you ensure that the
>client has the reader loaded so that they can open the files?
>
>2. Please assure me that there are other folks out there who do this
>kind of delivery. Management is now looking at me and questioning why I
>think PDF is such a good idea.

I am not as familiar with Windows as with Macintosh systems, but are
documents not automatically connected to the application which created
them?
On clicking a PDF-document in a Macintosh environment, the Reader will be
looked up which opens the document you want to read.

Always accompany the documents with the latest version of Acrobat Reader
you can download from the Internet any time
(www.adobe.com/supportservice/custsupport/LIBRARY/acrwin.htm).
Older readers can't open documents made up by the latest Acrobat versions.

My 2 cents...

Kees de Bondt

AlQuin
informationflow-improvement
text
document
business communication
total quality

things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler (Einstein)