Re: search for HTML files

Subject: Re: search for HTML files
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:07:29 -0500

One workaround that I've used is the built-in Find dialog for NT/95/98. The
user can click F3 on the desktop or from Explorer to invoke the Find dialog.
They can then set the directory in the "Look in:" field, the file type
(*.htm) in the "Named:" field, and the search text in the "Containing text:"
field. Executing a find results in a list of HTML files containing the
search term.

You can also put a button in an HTML file that invokes the Find dialog. The
following is a way to display the dialog from Internet Explorer:

<P><input type="button" value="Find" name="B1"></P>

<SCRIPT language="vbscript">
Sub B1_OnClick()
Dim MyShell
Set MyShell=CreateObject("Shell.Application")
MyShell.FindFiles
End Sub
</SCRIPT>

Mike