Re: (WARNING) Symbols

Subject: Re: (WARNING) Symbols
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- MARVIN -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:28:43 -0700

> I wonder if the original poster was actually asking for a graphical
> symbol, instead of a description? In other words, something like the
> hazardous waste symbols?

We use an exclamation point inside a triangle for Cautions, except
electrical hazards, which must have a lightning-bolt icon in the
triangle, and heat hazards, which must have wavy lines over a straight
line

The "Markings and instructions." section of IEC 950, UL 1950 and
EN60950, Section 7, in particular Section 1.7.2 "Safety Instructions"
contain the requirements for precautions. In addition the international
standards for markings and symbols, IEC 417 and ISO 7000 contain
additional information.

Note that the word "Warning" is not listed as a requirement.

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with this
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | message is the return address.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/index.html