Re: DEBATE: Word-processing or DTP

Subject: Re: DEBATE: Word-processing or DTP
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 13:47:03 -0400

I generally disagree with one-fits-all solutions.

My own experience is this: my writing is as much design as it is
writing. I find that I write better and faster when I see exactly how
the information is going to be presented to the user. I would not want
to write and turn it over to anyone else.

Now, graphics, on the other hand -- well, that's not my thing. I'm
adequate, but not great, in that area, so I'd just as soon admit my
limitations and have a professional do that stuff when I have the
luxury. I have no doubt that others feel about their graphics the way I
feel about info design. That just proves, IMHO, that there is no right
or wrong way to write -- it depends on the strengths and preferences of
the writer and the resources that are available.

A.

--
Alexia Prendergast Tech Pubs Manager, Seagate Software
If developers wrote error messages in Haiku (author unknown)...