Re: Go Completely "On-line"

Subject: Re: Go Completely "On-line"
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 23:05:20 +0200

Alexia,

I guess it is mostly perception. The "average" users are way more willing
to accept crappy software as part of their computer bundle than adding
something else.

Of course, they forget that the browsers (at least the "modern" ones are
extremely bloated and gobble up resources unnecessarily.

A well-designed document is always best. The problem is how it gets
through, or how much it gets messed up by the user's setup. It can be that
all your design efforts (layout etc. is only a part of that) get
annihilated by the user's system ... and you have no control over that.

Just my Zweiräppler.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap ...

... with Acrobat Forms ... now for belt drive designers at

http://www.prodok.ch/prodok/riemen.html