Writers or what? WAS Word-processing or DTP

Subject: Writers or what? WAS Word-processing or DTP
From: "House, Barry" <BHouse -at- LRS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:22:14 -0500

If I'm out of line here, somebody slap me quick.

I suggest we end this debate about the role of the tech writer--whether
we should write and only write or be communicators who plan and manage
manuals and, yes, even lay out pages and perform some design work.

Most of us realize that writing and formatting helps us achieve much
more efficiency than we would have if we were simply writing copy for
someone else to format. Most of the posts I see indicate that many of us
also enjoy the challenge of working with different types of software and
learning skills outside our main skill.

Thanks.

Barry House