Re: Is there a standard use of fonts for online help?

Subject: Re: Is there a standard use of fonts for online help?
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 16:47:31 -0500

Yes, Arial and MS Sans are the most common, but Microsoft's new help
uses Verdana (free from the Microsoft site) and I think I read somewhere
that they developed this JUST FOR online help. I've started using it in
all my online because it's a nice, open, extremely readable text, even
at smaller sizes. You might want to take a look at it.

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
AnswerSoft, Inc.
Richardson, TX (972)997-8355

Someone asked:

> > Is there a standard use of fonts for online help? For
> printed doc, you
> > typically use a serif font (like times new roman) for body
> text and a
> > sans serif font (like arial) for headings. But it seems
> like the online
> > help I've looked at is all sans serif for both body text
> and headings
> > (which are then in bold). Is this considered the standard? Thanks,

Vicki Preston answered: