Re: Field Labels

Subject: Re: Field Labels
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:38:54 -0500

Tom,

Have you looked at the "Windows Interface Guidelines for Software
Design"? It's a Microsoft Press book that I've found to be very helpful
in backing up my claims about expected behavior, etc. The HTML version
is also online but is somewhat more cumbersome to navigate:

http://www.microsoft.com/win32dev/uiguide/

I'm sure there are lots of others. Are you looking for information for
human factors kinds of issues or just standard (as in Microsoft Windows)
design issues? I also have a book called "Human Factors for Technical
Communicators" by Marlana Coe (Wiley publisher ... one of the Wiley
Technical Communication Library series) that might be helpful.

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
AnswerSoft, Inc.
Richardson, TX (972)997-8355