Skewed printing -- sort of

Subject: Skewed printing -- sort of
From: Buck and Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- NTWS -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:48:16 -0500

Please answer offlist, as this is not strictly a Tech Writing problem.

I have already posted this to the pagemaker list, but no one there has
seen it before.

Can anyone help?

Using PageMaker 6.0 on PC, we print 11x17 camera ready copy for our
newspaper on HP5000 laserjet.

I thought at first that pages were skewed, but on closer examination, it
appears that the right-hand side of the print is shorter (vertically)
than the left by almost 1/4". That is, the top of the banner slopes
downward to the right. The bottom of the text slopes upward.

The paper remains 11x17 and is not being stretched by the printer.

Any help towards solving this problem would be appreciated.
--

Buck and Tilly Buchanan
Publishers, The Alvord Gazette