Re: Defining Your Tasks

Subject: Re: Defining Your Tasks
From: "House, Barry" <BHouse -at- LRS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:04:34 -0500

Every application I've ever documented began as some sort of user
request. Somewhere, a user (or potential user) asked if it would be
possible to do some sort of work on a computer. Then analysts and
programmers began work and, all too often, got mired in the details of
programming the computer to do specific things to make it possible for
the user to do what he or she wants to do.

The key for me has always been getting people back to that original user
request. What was it somebody wanted, what benefit was someone seeking,
that lead to this project? Someone in your organization knows that, and
part of your job (IMO, at least) is to find out that piece of
information.

<snip>