more about screen shots

Subject: more about screen shots
From: Jennifer Zilliac <jennifer -at- SMARTDB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 10:06:44 -0700

Hi,

Thanks to those who responded to my earlier post about screen
shots: David Castro, Peter Ring, Vicki Preston, and George Mena.
I'm still struggling with this, though.

--You can only capture the shots at 72 dpi, right?

--You can "resample" them to, say 300 dpi, but that makes them
blurry.

--You can jump through a few hoops to get back the quality, but
you won't get back all of the quality of the original 72 dpi
image.

--The original intent was to improve the quality.

Part of the problem I'm having is with the relationships between
dpi, image size, and image quality. My boss asked me for help
because the people at the magazines who are receiving his images
are complaining that they are not high enough resolution. They
want a higher quality image, not a smaller image. Because of the
screen limitation, one can only take them at 72 dpi, right? So
what to do?

Sorry if I'm missing something basic -- If you would try again
to help me with this, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Jennifer
--
Jennifer Zilliac