Re: soft hyphens: yes or no?

Subject: Re: soft hyphens: yes or no?
From: "Wright, Joe - FWP" <Joe -dot- Wright -at- FMR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:05:23 -0400

I guess I didn't elaborate on my question enough, sorry. What I
was wanting to know was your opinions on whether hyphens should
be in technical documentation or not. I've looked in some different
style guides and have not yet found an authoritative answer as to
whether or not one should use soft hyphens in technical
documentation.

<snip>
> Joe, Word should take care of that for you automatically. Just turn
> autohyphenation on (I believe that feature's there).
</snip>