Re: How do you pronounce LED?

Subject: Re: How do you pronounce LED?
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:55:49 -0700

Ronni replied:

> People don't pronounce LED as "led," they pronounce it as "ELL - EEE -
> DEE."
>
> Therefore, you would always use an *an* with LED (and also with LCD).

And Barry just had to be all like:

I have heard some people pronounce LED as "lead".

I think they think they are being "smart" or "cute", but they sound foolish.

When I was in a position to interview a technical support person, the person
said they were experienced with "novel" networking software.

That little mispronunciation lost him the job.

What credibility or ethos he may have had was washed away in one word.

Ronni is correct, LED is pronounced "ell-ee-dee".

-Barry
Sticking his buck-three-eighty in again.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=