Re: Troubleshooting Documentation

Subject: Re: Troubleshooting Documentation
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 14:22:37 -0700

Actually, "WebHelp" from Blue Sky Software, included in the last two
versions of RoboHELP, enables the familiar TOC-Index-Search mechanism for
HTML-based help. And because WebHelp is a Java applet, not an ActiveX
control, it does not depend on the user having Internet Explorer installed.
It's been tested successfully on many platforms in both major browsers.

Technically, WebHelp is based on the HTML Help format, so I cannot say it
gives an index in "standard HTML," but since it runs across platforms and
browsers and is included in a help authoring tool that many people already
have/use, I'd say it's worth a look!

Cheers ...

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com

Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting
RoboHELP Certified Trainer * RoboHELP Certified Consultant

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=