Re: Frame Graphics Import Question

Subject: Re: Frame Graphics Import Question
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- INTERLOG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 01:34:42 GMT

This is just backwards from what we were trying to do, namely create
an anchored frame of a certain size, then import the graphic (in this
case a Visio 5 drawing) into the frame and have the graphic
automatically size to the frame. I can do this easily in Word, but
Frame doesn't seem to be able to do it.

I thought that I could just import the graphic without a frame, but
when I tried doing that the graphic was cropped at the side head
margin and I needed it to extend into the side head area. Using the
frame, I can do that but I have to manually size the graphic to fit
the frame.

It's not too bad in this book, I only needed to add two graphics, but
it would be a real bother if I had 50 ...

Regards
Keith

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:06:46 -0700, "Burns, Nancy" <nburns -at- BREAULT -dot- COM>

wrote:

>>From the FrameMaker 5.5 manual, pg. 229:
>To shrink an anchored frame to the dimensions of its contents and place it
>in the line at the anchor symbol, select the frame or an object in the frame
>and press Esc m p. To enlarge a frame and place it below the line that
>contains the anchor symbol, select the frame or an object in it and press
>Esc m e.
>
>Nancy Burns
>nburns -at- breault -dot- com
>

>>My co-worker and I are having difficulty figuring out how to get an
>>imported graphic to "fit" snugly (that is, automatically scale to fit
>>the frame's dimensions) inside an anchored frame without having to do a
>>lot of manual scaling.

Keith Soltys -- ksoltys -at- interlog -dot- com -- http://www.interlog.com/~ksoltys/
Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you;
if you don't bet, you can't win. --Robert A. Heinlein

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000