Re: HTML word processor?

Subject: Re: HTML word processor?
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 06:44:38 -0600

<snip>
>My Web current Web pages will never be published on the WWW, so I have
>more freedom than some. Sorry folks, you won't be able to take a test
>drive with your limited-edition text browsers.

<snip>

>I only wanted to make the point that it's not always
>neccessary to deny youself the use of sophistcated publishing tools just
>because the audience you're creating for uses 17th century goggles for
>reading.

Just out of curiosity, do you know for sure that no part of
your audience is in any way visually impaired--or uses screen
reading software for other reasons? There are many people
who can more effectively and easily use Web pages that are,
for lack of a better term, Lynx-compatible. Beyond the
blind and visually impaired, we just got a request for electronic
copies of one of our books from someone with
cerebral palsy. She uses a reader because of the difficulty
she has manipulating a traditional softcover, non-lay-flat-binding
book.

Just some food for thought ...

Eric

* Eric J. Ray, ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com, http://www.raycomm.com/
* _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, and others.
* See our overhauled Web site at http://www.raycomm.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=