Signal Timing Diagrams

Subject: Signal Timing Diagrams
From: Dave Neufeld <Dave_Neufeld -at- SPECTRUMSIGNAL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 10:55:40 -0700

I'm looking for advice on tools and methods to create, edit, and import
timing diagrams into MSWord (now)and potentially Framemaker (future).

The tools our ASIC designers are using don't give us quite the results we're
looking for. The diagrams are destined for MSWord, but I would prefer them
in EPS so I can convert to other packages (Frame) in the future. The
designers are using Synopsis, which gives them numerical output, but no
timing diagrams. Add-on Synopsis tools to do this are probably too pricey to
justify. We've got Timing Designer, but the developers don't like using it;
the main designer actually prefers pencil (even crayon!) and paper.

They've asked me what I know. So, I'm asking you.

TIA

David Neufeld
|| Spectrum Signal Processing, Inc.
Technical Publications || 100-8525 Baxter Place
dave_neufeld -at- spectrumsignal -dot- com || Burnaby, B.C., Canada, V5A 4V7
http:\\www.spectrumsignal.com || (604) 421-5422 ext.234
|| Fax (604) 421-5592

"no matter where you go..... there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=