Re: Opinions concerning Screenshots

Subject: Re: Opinions concerning Screenshots
From: Reuven Frank <reuven -at- E-AND-C -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:40:49 +0200

I would say that this depends on how complicated it is to fill in the box, or whether you describe somewhere else what goes in the data entry fields.

I am in the same boat, more-or-less. We are creating a software product for medical staff to use in a hospital setting. Terminology is not a problem.
I usually use the blank dialog box, as it appears, for the screenshot.
Sometimes I put the cursor in place to highlight the option used next.

I assume from your example that you are going to continue to outline the procedure here.
Is there a possibility to add later a very small screenshot of just that area of the dialog box that now contains data? That might be an alternative to having to give another full-size take-up-a-lot-of-room shot.

Just my 20,000 micro-Dollars.
Feel free to contact me for more specifics, if needed.
HTH

Reuven Frank
Technical Documentation
E&C Medical Intelligence