Technical Writing Certification

Subject: Technical Writing Certification
From: "Green, Stan" <Stan -dot- Green -at- AAI-US -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:22:03 -0500

Hi Jennifer:
re: Is my manager expecting too much too soon?

My question is what are your job requirements? Did you prepare a
writing
plan for the project and go over it with your manager ? I suggest you
read " Reporting Technical Information " by Kenneth W.Houp/ Thomas
Persall, Chapter 3, Gathering Information.

I am a technical communicator and have been a subscriber for only four
days to the technical writer list server. I am bewildered by some of
the questions
purportedly by technical communicators asking, do you place an "a" or
"an"
before LED, how do you gather material, the difference between a leaflet
and a small manual, how to write procedural steps and on and on. I now
can see why certification by STC would be beneficial to our profession.

Stan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=