Re: API documentation

Subject: Re: API documentation
From: Laura L Lapierre <lapierre -at- MEDIAONE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 10:28:32 -0400

It is very reasonable to request information from the programmers,
especially since they know best how the various functions work. Your
technical background comes in handy when you have to check their code to
make sure that is valid (or as valid as you can tell). Plus, you need to be
able to ask the right kind of questions (i.e. know what information you
need).

Do you have access to the source code? This provides (or at least should)
sample code, as well as contains the function declarations. This way you
know what functions need to be included.

Also, talk to the tech support person (if there is one) and find out what
questions people are asking. This type of information should definitely go
in your manual ... should help cut down on tech support calls.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=