Survey: Readability Formulas

Subject: Survey: Readability Formulas
From: Brad Connatser <cwrites -at- USIT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:55:18 -0500

I would greatly appreciate your answering a few questions about readability
formulas. Please send your answers directly to me. I'll summarize for the
group. Many thanks.

BEGIN SURVEY
===========

1. Are you familiar with readability formulas?

2. If you are familiar with readability formulas, which ones?

3. What do readability formulas measure?

4. Did you know that some word processors, such as Microsoft Word, have
built-in readability indices?

5. Do you ever use the readability index on your word processor?

6. If so, what do you do with that information?

7. Do you ever calculate by hand or other means the readability score of a
document using the criteria of a readability formula, such as average
sentence length, average number of letters per word, and average number of
syllables per word?

8. If so, what do you do with that information?

=========
END SURVEY

Brad Connatser
Publications Manager